Events: Configure Automatic Registration Confirmation
- This tutorial will cover how to create an automatic registration confirmation for your event. This step is optional.
- Please Note: if this is a Zoom integrated event, Zoom will automatically send registration confirmations to all ATTENDEES (NOT registrants) when they are added to NPE (via online and/or back end/direct entry). You can configure the registration confirmation email sent to attendees from Zoom from within Zoom. Contact Zoom support for more information. You do not need to send registration confirmations from NPE for Zoom-integrated events (but you may certainly do so if you wish). Additionally, please note, that with the Zoom integration, attendees will be sent a tokenized/tracking-cookie-embedded link custom to each attendee and they must use that link to join the meeting, NOT the general non-tokenized join meeting URL, so for Zoom integrated events, is it NOT recommended to paste the general zoom meeting credentials into your NPE registration confirmation if you opt to use the NPE event registration confirmation for an event integrated/synced to Zoom. See our Zoom integration tutorial for more information.
- The automatic registration confirmation will be sent to all registrants or attendees, even those you enter directly into your system.
- Automatic Registration confirmations are different from Event Notifications in that Registration Confirmations are automatic, Event Notifications are manual. You can use both to communicate with your registrants and attendees, just one, or neither.
- To start, from the Main Menu, select Events, and then click on Events on the events sub-menu.
- Click on the name of the event you wish to configure an automatic registration confirmation for to open the event and then select Registration Confirmation from the left hand menu.
- To activate the Automatic Registration Confirmation, set the Enabled/Disabled slider to Enabled.
- Fill out the Sender Name, Sender Email, and Subject fields.
- In the Email Template field, select the template/message to be sent by clicking Choose Template.
- To select an existing template (created previously), hover over the template and click Select. A green "SELECTED" banner appears at the top of the template (you can hover over a template and select Preview if you wish to preview the template. Then click the gray Done button in the lower right.
- If you wish to edit an existing template, select the template, click Done, and then on the configure registration confirmation screen, select Edit. This will take you into the Edit Template area of the Communications module.
- To create a new template (rather than select an existing template), click the blue Create New button at the top of the screen.
- For more information on creating and editing templates, see our Part I tutorial on working with templates and tutorial on working with event notification, invite, and registration confirmation templates.
- If you wish to attach the event ticket to the automatic registration confirmation, check the Attach Ticket box (you must also configure your Event's tickets. See our tutorial on configuring event tickets).
- Choose whether the automatic registration confirmation should go to the Attendees or Registrants (you can only choose one). If you have not configured a registration form for your event then do NOT select attendees (if you don't have a registration form configured, then you are not collecting attendee contact information and there is no way for them to receive the confirmation).
- If you wish to send yourself a test email, check the Send Test Email box, fill in your email address in the box, and click Send.
- Once you have finished configuring the automatic registration confirmation, click the blue Save box in the lower right hand corner.
- Once the automatic confirmation is configured and people have registered for the event, you will be able to see who has been sent a confirmation by clicking on the Recipient List tab.
- You will be able to see the details of who a registration confirmation was sent to, which (if any) emails bounced, who opened the email, etc. by clicking the categories at the top of the screen.
- Also, if it is a repeating event, you will see the date attending column which will show the date when recipient will be attending the event.
Article is closed for comments.