Grants: Record or Edit Grant Payment(s)
- Once you have changed the status of a grant to Approved in your system, you can record anticipated payment dates and amounts (referred to as a "payment schedule"), edit payment schedules, record payments, and edit or delete payments.
- To get started, from the Left Hand Menu, click Fundraising, under the Fundraising Header, select Grants to go to the Grants List/grants index screen.
- Find the grant whose status you want to change or that you want to edit in the Grant List. You can filter the Grant List by clicking on the status buttons at the top of the screen or use the Search Grant field to search by grant name or grantor.
- Once you find the grant application whose status you wish to change, click the drop down to the right of the grant and select Edit.
- To add a new payment schedule to a grant, click the blue Add Payment Schedule button.
- This will add a new row to the payment schedule area. Enter the expected payment Date (by default, the system will enter today's date) and the anticipated payment Amount (if known; payment amount can be left blank if you do not know how much money will be received).
- If the payment has not yet been received, leave Mode of Payment and Receipt No. blank. If payment has already been received, complete these fields as well.
- You may also specify a Program(s) (that the funds will be used for), Vendor(s), or Sub-Vendor(s)/Sub-Contractor(s) related to the grant by clicking on the + button to the left of the payment date.
- If Applicable, use the Vendor or Sub-Vender(s) or Sub-Contractor(s) fields to indicate contacts (individuals or organizations) that will be contractors, pass-through recipients, partners, or vendors on the grant (for that specific grant payment). Select the contacts from your system by typing the name int the field and selecting from matching search results or type the name and use the quick add pop up to add the contact "on the fly" if not already in your system and then click the + button to add the contact. Adding a contact in this area of the grant record will apply the Vendor contact type to the contact's record. Repeat these steps as necessary to add all applicable vendors, contractors, sub-contractors, pass-through recipients, and/or partners (to remove a vendor/contractor from the grant, click the trashcan to the right of the line item - see the third screen shot below).
- Click the blue Save button in the lower right to save your changes.
- To record payment for a grant (when the payment schedule already exists), you can EITHER a) use steps #3 and #4 above to edit the grant, find the correct payment schedule entry and add the Mode of Payment and Receipt No. (payment reference #/ID such as check number or ACH transaction number) - when using this method, the date of payment will automatically be entered as the today's date, or b) click on Invoices on the quick add menu, find the grant invoice, and receive payment for the invoice (see this tutorial for more information on receiving payments via the Invoices area) - using this method will allow you to edit/select your own payment date.
- To delete a payment schedule from a grant, use steps #3 and #4 above to edit the grant. Click the trash can to the right of the payment schedule you wish to delete. Deleting a payment schedule will delete the invoice/erase all record of the anticipated payment. If the payment schedule had been paid, this will create a credit on the contact's ledger (same as deleting a paid invoice does).
- To delete a payment from a grant, go to the Invoices index area, find the invoice associated with the grant/payment, View the invoice, and then delete the payment (by clicking the trash can icon) from the invoice. You cannot delete payment information from a grant except by deleting the payment schedule (and then you could re-enter the payment schedule).
Article is closed for comments.