FAQ: How to Stop a Recurring Donation
- This tutorial will cover how to stop/deactivate a recurring donation.
- Deactivating a recurring donation will stop the donation from continuing to charge the donor's credit card. No further payments toward this donation will be charged. The record of existing payments made towards this donation will be preserved.
- To deactivate a recurring donation, go to the contact’s record
- Scroll down to the "Recurring Donations" Panel. The exact location of this panel on the contact's record will vary according to individual user "contact layout" settings. If you do not see this panel, you may have to turn it on by selecting "configure layout" at the bottom right of the screen.
- Find the Recurring Donation you wish to Deactivate. Under the Status you will see a radio button shaded green (indicating "Active" schedule). Click on it.
- You will be prompted to confirm you wish to deactivate the Recurring Donation. Click OK.
- The status will now display grey and the remaining schedule will be deactivated.
- The recurring donation can be reactivated by clicked the grayed out check mark under “status”