Due to a flaw in a security update to Microsoft Excel released in July 2015, certain excel file formats will no longer open due to the security validation process. Specifically, when excel attempts to open the file in Protected View.
Unfortunately, the file format used for exported reports in Fundly CRM version 1 is impacted by this issue causing the file to open blank, or not at, all for some users.
To resolve this there are two solutions. One permanent and one by file.
Turn Off Protected View for internet files.
While different version of excel may have you follow different steps to change this setting; in Excel 2010 you can use the following.
1. Go to the File menu and select Options.
2. Click on Trust Center
3. Click on Trust Center Settings button
4. Select Protected View
5. Unmark "Enable Protected View for files originating from the Internet"
6. Click Ok for all opened dialogues to save.
Be aware that this means protected view will now be disabled for ALL internet spreadsheet files you download.
Unblock by File
The following may differ by operating system.
1. Find the downloaded file.
2. Right click and select Properties
3. click on Unblock under Security
4. Click on OK to save.
You will now be able to open that one file, without changing any setting that impacts any other files you download.