For Organization Admin
When assigning a Volunteer Coordinator, you are giving him/her the ability to perform administrative tasks on his/her own portal like schedule, as well as log and verify hours for volunteers assigned to the designated opportunity and location. They’ll have their own database with volunteer, team and opportunity records.
Navigating to the Volunteer Coordinator Page
From your admin dashboard, click on the main menu then ‘Volunteer Coordinators’. This will direct you to the Volunteer Coordinator page.
The Volunteer Coordinator page will open the list sorted by volunteer coordinators’ names. The list will include the coordinator’s name, email address and the opportunities that were assigned to the coordinator along with its venue and coordinating dates. The other tab displays coordinator details sorted by opportunity name.
Creating a New Volunteer Coordinator Account
If you want to assign a coordinator who doesn’t have an existing Fundly account, then you must create an account for him/her first. You can do that by clicking on the ‘Create New Coordinator’ button at the lower right portion of the page.
This will open the Create New Coordinator pop up where you must enter the Username, Email, First and Last Names of the new coordinator. After saving, it will trigger an email notification which will be sent to the new coordinator’s email. This email will contain the coordinator’s username and password for the coordinator’s account.
Assigning a Volunteer Coordinator
To assign a volunteer coordinator, click on the ‘Assign Coordinator’ button found at the top right corner of the page.
This will open the ‘Assign Coordinator to Opportunity’ section.
- Select the Opportunity to assign the coordinator.
- Select the Venue to assign the coordinator. A different coordinator can be assigned for each of the venues.
- Allows you to select one of your account users to be the coordinator.
- Allows you to select one of your volunteers to be the coordinator.
- This is where you select/search for the name of the user/volunteer to be assigned as coordinator.
- You must enter a start date for which the coordinator can start his/her coordinating tasks.
After you have completed all the steps, it will trigger a notification email which will be sent to the coordinator. This email will contain the coordinators details.
You will now see the coordinator on the list with the coordinating details.
Adding a Temporary Substitute for the Coordinator
It can’t be helped if a coordinator won’t be able to perform his/her tasks as coordinator. With this, you will be able to assign a temporary substitute for the coordinator. The substitute will have the ability to perform the tasks of a coordinator for a time period.
To add a substitute, just click on the ‘Substitute’ button for the coordinator.
This will open the ‘Substitute Coordinator’ pop up where it will display all the opportunities that the coordinator is currently assigned to.
- Select the date range for which the coordinator is not available.
- Identify the opportunities to which you’ll assign a substitute.
- Select whether you’re assigning a user or a volunteer to be the substitute, then select/search for the user/volunteer name. Do this for the other selected opportunities as well.
- Click Substitute.
If you switch to ‘Opportunity View’ you will now see that a coordinating schedule has been added for the substitute (Barbie Roberts).
Changing Volunteer Coordinators
You will also have the ability to completely replace a volunteer coordinator if you like.
To do this, you’ll have to search for the opportunity for that coordinator and then click on the ‘Change’ button for that coordinator.
This will open the ‘Change Coordinator’ pop up where you just need to select if you’re changing to a user or volunteer and then selecting/searching for that user/volunteer. Click Change to finalize.
You will then see that the coordinator has been completely changed to a different user/volunteer (Ken Carson).