Log Hours Manually for Each Volunteer
- Click on the Main Menu then Opportunities.
- For volunteers of one of your organization's own opportunities, click Our Opportunities.
- For volunteers of a partner opportunity, click Partner Opportunities.
- Next to the desired opportunity, click Manage Volunteer in the dropdown menu.
- Next to the desired volunteer, click Log Hours in the “Next Step” column.
Note: If the volunteer has not set a schedule for this opportunity, “Scheduling” will appear.
- Select the volunteer's assignment.
Note: Only schedules set for the volunteer will show under the assignment dropdown.
- Next to the desired date(s), enter the number of hours worked and a description of the work.
- Click Save & Close.
Log Hours Using the Quick Log/Add Hours Tool
To log hours for an event or a volunteer in bulk and with different number of hours, use the “Quick Log/Add Hours” tool.
Note: The quick log tool can only be used for volunteers of your organization's own opportunities.
- Click the Main Menu, then click Add New then Add Hours.
- Select the desired opportunity. Volunteers who are assigned to the opportunity will populate the list below.
- To narrow down the list of volunteers for whom you are logging hours, select a date range, location, shift, and position. To search for a particular student, enter the student’s name. Click Filter.
- Enter the From/To Dates for which you are logging hours, and enter a description of the work.
- In the “Log Hours” column next to each volunteer, enter the total number of hours worked during the entire duration of the dates selected above.
- Click Save.
Log Hours Using the Attendance Tool
To log hours by indicating whether a volunteer attended their scheduled shift, use the “Attendance” tool.
Note: The attendance tool can only be used for volunteers of your organization's own opportunities.
- From the Main Menu, click Our Opportunities. Alternatively, click Active Opportunities in the Dashboard.
- Next to the desired opportunity, click Manage Volunteers in the dropdown menu.
- On the left of the screen, click
- Select the desired date, then click Get Attendees.
- Next to each volunteer who attended their shift on the selected date, click Check In. If the volunteer did not attend, click No Show, which also allows you to enter the “reason for no show”. Alternatively, to check in all of the volunteers listed, click Check In All. You can also click the middle of the slider to “reset” their attendance status to nothing.
Note: If you kept the “Auto Log Hours When Marked As Attended” slider activated when creating the opportunity, hours that are checked in are automatically counted as verified hours.
- Repeat steps 4-5 above for each desired date.