Direct Marketing: Configuration - Output Templates
- This tutorial will cover how to create output templates for use with the direct marketing module.
- To configure output templates, click on the Main Menu (3 bars) button in the upper right corner of the screen, and in the Active Modules section, click on Configurations.
- In the resulting Configurations screen, under Appeal, click on Output Templates to be taken to a list of all currently configured output templates.
- To create a new output template, click on the New Output Template button in the lower right of the screen.
- In the resulting screen, start by specifying a unique code and a clear description for the template in the Code and Description fields, respectively.
- Next, specify the file type this output file is to generate with the File Type radio field and click the Save button.
- Next, for the Output Template Column section, use the drop-down menu to select a field you wish to be added to the output file, and click on Add.
- Repeat this process for all fields you wish to be added to the template file.
- You can move the position of a column by clicking, dragging, and releasing it into a new location in the list.
- To remove a column option, click on the Delete button for that option.
- When you have finished configuring the desired columns for this template, simply close the editing screen, and your changes will be saved automatically.
- To edit an existing template, click on the Edit button to the right of the template you wish to modify.
- To copy a current template, thus using it as the basis for a new template, click on the drop-down menu next to Edit and select Copy.
- This will open the configuration screen, allowing you to specify a code and description for the new template, and to modify the columns as necessary.
- To delete a template, click on the drop-down menu next to Edit to the right of the template you wish to remove, and select Delete.
Article is closed for comments.