Fundraising Configuration Video
- In this video, we will cover some basic configurations to help you start recording gifts within the system.
- Before you can record donations in your system, you MUST complete the following settings/configurations:
- Create an Acknowledgement Letter Template (Main Menu: Communications: Create New Template),
- Complete all Default Acknowledgement Settings (Main Menu: Communications: Settings: Acknowledgement Settings)
- Create at least one Fund (Main Menu: Fundraising: Configuration: Fund) [the system comes with a default fund; you can edit this fund, if needed, to adjust the ask/giving amounts or you can create a new default fund)
- We strongly recommend you also complete the following configurations:
- Default Salutations for contacts (which can be used in donation acknowledgement letters) (Main Menu: Contacts: Settings: Default Salutation)
- Configure Gift Sources (how donations were sent to you) (Main Menu: Fundraising: Configurations: Gift Sources)
- You may also wish to complete the following configurations:
- Configure Chart of Accounts (general ledger codes) so donations can be linked to your GL/Accounts (Main Menu: Financials: Configurations: Chart of Accounts)
- Configure Campaigns (fundraising campaigns) so donations can be linked to them (Main Menu: Fundraising: Configurations: Campaigns)
- Configure Programs (the programs and services offered to your constituency) so you can earmark donations to programs (Main Menu: Fundraising: Configurations: Fund)
- Configure Recency/Frequency/Amount groups to use in searching for and reporting on donors based on their past giving history (Main Menu: Fundraising: Configurations: Amount Group (and Recency Group and also Frequency Group)
- Premiums and Premium Rules (tangible goods or services your donors receive in exchange for their donation) (Main Menu: Fundraising: Configurations: Premiums)
- Enable the QuickBooks Sync so donation transactions are automatically entered into your online QuickBooks account (Main Menu: Financials: Financials).
For the full webinar on all donation-related configurations, see our webinar recording in the Fundraising section of the support library.