Events: Create Event Part IV: Settings
- This tutorial continues the process of creating an event and covers the configuration of optional event settings.
- If you are making use of a public implementation for your events, you can choose whether or not an event will be displayed online with the Privacy Settings section.
- To make an event public indicate this with the “Make this event available for registration through the public site” radio button option.
- You will then get to specify when the event is to be publish by selecting either Publish Now, Publish On or specify an amount of Time before the event starts.
- If you do not wish the event to show on your site, but to only be available for offline and invite only registration, indicate that the event is to be Private.
- If you wish to ask for a donation to be made along with event registration on your public site, click on the “Ask for donation on the payment page” slider.
- This will allow you to either ask for the donation as an open donation box, or to round up the ticket cost to the nearest amount specified.
- If you would like the event to automatically be removed from your public site upon completion, click the “Automatically unpublish the event upon completion” slider in the top right.
- Next, if you wish this event to be linked to a specific program or campaign, select the appropriate option from the Program/Campaign drop down.
- If funds brought in from registrations are to be linked to a specific Chart of Account or Account Class, indicate these with the Account name and Class name fields respectively.
- Lastly, if you wish to use a search tags for this event, that you previously configured, type the name of the tag in the Tags field, and select the appropriate tag once it appears.
- When you have finished configuring all settings for the event, click the Save button in the lower right to be taken to the event’s details page.