Pages Configurations and Settings Part IV: Configure Fundraising Pages (Version 2+)
- This tutorial will cover how to configure fundraising pages.
- To configure fundraising pages, start by clicking on the Main Menu (3 bars); then, click Website Integration and then click on Pages.
- This will take you to the Pages dashboard where you can see the various types of pages, whether or not they are each active (if the circle in the upper left is green Pages for that module is active), configure the over-arching/common Pages settings, and configure Fundraising and Pledge pages.
- To activate or deactivate fundraising pages, click on the power button in the top left corner of the Configure Fundraising Pages button.
- Once the Fundraising Pages module is active, to configure fundraising pages, click on the Configure Fundraising Pages button itself.
- In the resulting screen you will see a list of all currently configured fundraising pages.
- To edit an existing fundraising page, click on the Edit (pencil) button for the appropriate page.
- To delete a fundraising page, click on the Delete (-) button for the page you wish to remove and confirm the change.
- To change the publish status of a page, click on the Publish/Unpublish (check-mark) button for the page you wish to modify.
- To preview a fundraising page, click on the Preview (Magnifying glass) button for that page.
- To create a new fundraising page, click on the Add Fundraising Page button in the lower right of the screen.
- In the resulting screen, start by specifying the Page Title you wish to use (this will appear at the top of the Page when website visitors are viewing your donation page online) in the Title field.
- Next, enter the page/item name as you want it to appear in the (Pages) Main Menu in the Menu Name field. This will auto fill from the Title field, but you can over-ride it/change it to something else. This will be the text that will appear in the Pages menu bar for users to click on to bring up the page.
- Next, set the display order for this page in the Donation menu using the Display Order in the Menu field. In the Donation/Fundraising Menu in Pages, the default donation page appears on the Main Menu. All other donation pages appear as sub-items under that menu item. the Display Order controls the order those sub-items are displayed in this drop down list. We have set the Tree Planting" page to be the 2nd fundraising page in our list, so it appears 2nd, after "Donate Now"/our general fundraising page (and therefore, at the top of the sub-menu).
- To indicate the source ("how these donations got into your database" of all donations made via this fundraising page, use the Source of Donation drop-down field. Sources can be configured from Main Menu: Fundraising: Configurations: Gift Sources.
- To indicate the fund under which all donations should be recorded, use the Fund drop-down menu. Type three letters of the Fund name and system will provide the configured Fund name as suggestion. Select your Fund from the suggestion. You can configure/add funds from Main Menu: Fundraising: Configurations: Funds.
- If desired, you may link all donations made via this fundraising page to a particular campaign using the Campaign field. This field is OPTIONAL. Campaigns can be configured/added from Main Menu: Programs and Campaigns: Campaigns.
- If you select a campaign, you will be asked if you wish to use a campaign goal from the campaign's configuration (on Main Menu: Programs and Campaigns: Campaigns: Edit the Campaign and select the Goals tab).
- Should you wish to create a new goal, click on Add New Goal, and specify the goal's start and end date, as well as the goal amount.
- In the right-hand section, you will have the option to allow the user to select from any programs or sub-programs you have configured. This field is OPTIONAL.
- Alternatively, you can allot donations in the fundraising page to a specific program or subprogram. This field/setting is OPTIONAL.
- Lastly, if this page is to represent your general fundraising page, indicate this with the “This is the general fundraising page” check-box. There can be only one General Fundraising page, and this page will be linked to the Donate Now button found on all pages.
- When you have finish configuring the fundraising page, click on Save and Proceed to move to the next tab (Details) or Save to save your progress without advancing to the next tab.
- On the Details tab, use the Details section to provide all content for the fundraising page itself that will be displayed online at the bottom of the Fundraising page. This field is OPTIONAL.
How it will look online (front-end):
- Use the Donation Description text section to provide message to donors that will be shown below the details on the fundraising page. This field is OPTIONAL. There is no material distinction between Details and Description except Details appears ABOVE the Description field when both are configured/filled out and the two areas are separated by a thin, gray divider line. Otherwise, you can put all information in just one section if you want or use both (or neither)
How it will look online (front-end):
- When you have finished providing content for these two areas, click on Save & Proceed to save and proceed to the next tab (Media) or Save to save without advancing to the next tab.
- Finally, on the Media tab, you will have the opportunity to upload images and video links, using the Upload Image and Video URL buttons, respectively. The photos and video will show up in a carousel at the bottom of your donation page (with the video showing up LAST in the carousel).
- To delete photos or video that you have added to the page, either click the Select All check box or click on individual items and then click the Delete Media File(s) button.
- You can preview your page before publishing by clicking the Preview button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- When you are ready to publish your fundraising page, click the Publish button in the upper right, and use the Back button to return to the list of fundraising pages.