Interaction/Task: Configure Interaction Types
- This tutorial will cover how to configure Interaction Types.
- Interaction Types represent the form in which an interaction with a client took place, such as a phone call, in person meeting, or mail correspondence.
- To configure an interaction type, click on Contacts from the Main Menu, then select Interaction Types under Configurations.
- This will take you to the Interaction Types Index Page. Here, you can see a list of your currently configured options for interaction types.
- You can Edit any configured interaction type by selecting Edit from the drop down menu to the right of the item. Please Note: System default interaction types have no edit (or delete) option because they are not editable or can they be deleted.
- You can Delete any configured interaction type (except system default interaction types) by selecting Delete from the drop down menu to the right of the item.
- To deactivate an interaction type (so that it's not removed from existing records but can't be added to new records), click on the green checkmark icon to the right of the description column and then confirm that you wish to deactivate the interaction type in the resulting dialog box. This will turn the icon grey, indicating that they option is no longer active, but not deleted.
- To reactivate a deactivated interaction type option, click on the grey icon, thus turning it green.
- To add a new option give a descriptive name to the type in the Description field at the top of the page and then click the Add button to the right.