Communications: Labels and Letters
- This tutorial will cover how to generate labels and letters within the system.
- To generate labels and letters, start by clicking on the Main Menu (3 bars) button in the top left of the screen; in the Active Modules section under Communications, click on Labels and Letters.
- Start by giving the batch you are creating a name in the Batch Name field, and then select one or more File Output Types for the batch.
- Depending on whether you wish to generate letters or labels, select a template to use for generation from the Select Letter or Select Label drop-down menus, respectively.
- If you wish to make changes to the template you have selected, click on the Edit Template button for the selection you have made.
- If you wish to create a new template, click on the Create New button for either Letters or Labels.
- To preview a template, click on the appropriate Preview button.
- Next, in the Send Email To section, enter the email address(es) for anyone whom you wish to receive a copy of the generated labels or letters.
- Lastly, use the criteria section in the lower half of the screen to search for those contacts for whom you wish to generate labels or letters.
- See the tutorial on Searching for Contacts for details on creating advanced contact searches.
- Once you have created the required search, click on the Search button below your criteria to run the search.
- When complete, a green message box will appear, notifying you of the total number of contacts matching your search.
- If you click on the number of contacts in the message, you will be able to review the exact list.
- When you are satisfied with your search results, click on the Generate button in the lower right of the screen to have the system create the requested labels and/or letters.
- The emails entered previously will receive an email when the process is complete.
- To review previously created batches of labels and letters, click on the View History button in the lower right.
Please note: The labels template is currently configured to work with Avery 5160 size labels.