Communications: Donation Acknowledgement: Settings: Default Salutation
- This tutorial will cover how to configure the default values for salutation fields used in donation acknowledgement templates.
- Default salutations allow you to create a uniform style for saluting your donors during the donation acknowledgement process, but they can be overwritten on an individual basis within contact records.
- To configure the default salutation fields within your system, click on the Main Menu (3 bars) in the upper right of the screen; in the Active Modules section under Settings, click on Default Salutation.
- In the resulting screen you will see the Formal, Informal and Household Salutation currently configured for both Individual and Organization Contacts.
- Note: Organizations do not have a household salutation option.
- For the salutation type you wish to configure, select one of the available styles from the provided drop-down menu.
- In cases where a style refers to a Contact 1 and Contact 2, the first will be the primary donor and the 2nd is their spouse or partner.
- For organization, the First and Last Name fields refer to the name of the primary contact for the organization.
- When you have finished configuring the default salutations for your system, click on the Save button in the bottom right.