Contacts: Configure Smart Tags
- This tutorial will cover how to configure Smart Tags within the system.
- Smart Tags are a dynamic way to flag contacts that meet a specific set of criteria, and these tags in turn can be used to search for contacts within the system.
- To configure Smart Tags, click on Contact from the left hand menu to open the Fundraising sub-menu and click on Smart Tags under the configuration heading.
- This will present you with a list of any currently configured Smart Tags, along with creation and update information for each tag, and the count which shows the number of contacts that this tag was assigned to.
- To view the description for a smart tag, click on the small (+) button to the left of the tag’s code.
- You can also see the criteria that are used in a tag by hovering over the upside down arrow.
- To view all contacts that possess the smart tag, click on Count for the appropriate tag, and you will be taken to a search result containing all applicable contacts.
- To edit an existing Smart Tag, click on the Edit button on the right.
- In the resulting screen, you can change or update the Code, description, and criteria used. It is not possible to edit the criteria of an existing smart tag.
- To save the changes, click the Save button on the lower right after making all the changes.
- To delete an existing smart tag, click on the dropdown arrow beside the edit button and click on Delete.
- There will then be asked to confirm the deletion of the smart tag through a pop up dialogue. If you want to delete the smart tag click OK and the smart tag will be deleted from your system. Click Cancel if you change your mind and don't want to delete the smart tag.
- To create a new smart tag, click on the New button in the lower right of the screen.
- In the resulting screen, specify a unique code (alphabetic or numeric) for the smart tag in the Code field.
- In the Description field, give a detailed description of the contacts that this smart tag will be applied to.
- Next, specify the criteria that all contacts must meet to have the smart tag applied to their record. This uses the advanced search function. Click on the link know more about how Advanced Search.
- When you have finished specifying the criteria to be used, click the Save button in the lower right of the screen.
- Please note that smart tags do not go into effect immediately, as they only update once, at night, in a 24 hour period.
Article is closed for comments.