Configuration: Design Public Site
1. This tutorial will cover how to configure the look and feel of the public site within Fundly Connect..
2. To begin designing your organizations public site for Fundly Connect, mouse over the Navigate To menu and click on Design Public Site under Configuration.
3. The resulting page will present a preview of how your public pages will appear.
4. To begin editing the basic layout of your site, start by selecting a template for that site from the Select Template tab on the left.
5. In the resulting panel that opens you may select from the currently available templates by clicking on the choice you desire.
6. Next, to modify the colours of the template you have selected, click on the Configure Template tab under the Select Template tab.
7. Here you will have the option of changing the colour shades used within the template, as well as the background colour.
8. If you desire your site to make use of a background image, you may select one from your computer using the Browse option.
9. For background images you may specify were the image will be positioned on the page, as well as the repeating behavior of the image.
10. When you have completed editing the style of the template, click on the Save Changes button, or if you need to start over, click the Reset to Default button.
11. To edit your logo, simply mouse over the logo widget, and click the Edit(pencil) button that appears, and you will be able to upload a new logo.
12. Changing the menu items displayed can be done by clicking on the Edit (pencil) button on the right of the menu widget.
13. The resulting Configure Menu popup screen will allow you to modify the menu in various ways.
14. To change the order of an item, click on the Up or Down button for the menu item, to move that item in the indicated direction.
15. If you wish to edit a page listed in the menu, click on the Edit(pencil) button for the entry you desire to edit.
16. The Menu Item field will allow you to change the name of the item as displayed in the menu.
17. The Menu Item Type field will allow you to change the type of page the menu item will link to.
18. Caution should be used when editing the Menu Item Type field, as this could result in pages becoming inaccessible or lost.
19. If the Menu Item Type for the page is set to Text Page, the Page Title field allows you to indicate what the main title displayed on the page will be.
20. The External URL field, for use with the External URL Menu Item Type option, allows you to link this menu item with a webpage hosted outside of NonProfitEasy Public Pages.
21. When done makes changes, click on the Update button.
22. To remove an item, and possibly the associated page with that item, click on the Delete(X) button for the item.
23. Lastly, to add a new item to the menu, you may click the Add(+) button.
24. Clicking the Add button associated with a given menu item, will create the new item as a submenu of that item.
25. If you click the Add button at the very top of this column, not associated with a particular item, it will create a new main menu item.
26. When you have finished configuring the Public Site menu, you may simply click the Close button, and return to the Site Configuration screen.
27. To preview and edit a Text Page that you created during menu configuration, click on the item in the menu.
28. This will take you to the page you have selected, where you can edit the text of the page by moussing over the text area and clicking on Edit(pencil).
29. The resulting Edit Content popup screen will allow you to enter your content, and format it as desired.
30. The editor will also allow you to insert images, hyperlinks and a number of other useful functions.
31. When editing is complete click on Save & Exit.