Volunteer Coordinator Instructions/Overview
Accessing Volunteer Coordinator View
1. To access volunteer coordinator features and capabilities, start by logging into your volunteer account at http://fundly.com/connect.
2. Next, at the top of the screen click on the green button that says Volunteer Coordinator View
3. If you are a coordinator, but this button is not available to you, please contact the Owner of the opportunity.
4. From this screen you will see a list of all opportunities that you currently have access to as a site coordinator.
5. Each opportunity will list the name of the opportunity, venue, opportunity owner, start/end date, and information about the number of volunteers and hours for the opportunity.
Communicating With Volunteers
1. To communicate in mass with your volunteers, click on the Communicate button for the opportunity to which you wish to send communications.
2. This will open up the Communications screen where you can end the Subject and content of the email you wish to send out to your volunteers.
3. When finished drafting your communication, click on the Add Recipients button to proceed.
4. By default, the system will add all volunteer you are coordinating to the list of recipients.
5. To remove a volunteer, click on the Remove(X) button next to the volunteer’s name.
6. Additionally, if desired you may select a Recipient Type from those listed at the top and in the area below, select additional recipients to receive your communications.
7. When you are ready to send you communications click the Send button.
8. Depending on the communications preferences a volunteer has for their account they will either receive the message within VolunteerEasy, or they may receive an email.
9. If the volunteer responds to your message within Volunteer Easy, any response can be found in your accounts Communication Center.
10. The Communications Center can be access by moussing over the Navigate To menu and click on Communications Center.
11. If a recipient responds to an email they received, the response will be sent to the email attached to your coordinator account.
1. To manage a volunteer, click on the Manage Volunteers button in the Manage Volunteer Opportunities list.
2. From the resulting screen you will see a list of all volunteers that are currently assigned to the opportunity and venue that you have chosen to manage.
3. Using the Filter field you can search for particular volunteers by both name and email.
4. From this screen you can remove volunteers from a venue by clicking on the Delete(X) button that appears when you mouse over their name.
5. You can also edit volunteer schedules, shifts, and hours from this screen.
Editing Volunteer Shifts and Overall Schedules
1. Before a volunteer can log hours they must first have their shift and overall schedule entered into VolunteerEasy.
2. To do this, from the Manage Volunteers screen, mouse over the volunteer you wish to schedule and click on the Edit(pencil) button that appears.
3. Since the volunteer is already assigned to your venue, you will not have to set the Venue field.
4. Start by assigning the volunteer to a shift from the Shift drop-down menu, and depending on the positions available for that shift, select a position for the volunteer.
5. If there is an error with the currently configured shifts or positions for your opportunity, please contact the Opportunity Owner.
6. After assigning Shifts and Positions, select whether you will be assigning the volunteer availability by Day of Week, or by individual Date.
7. If selecting by dates select the Available From and Available Till dates to help reduce the total number of dates available.
8. Next, use the Choose Dates drop-down to select individual dates, or select the days of the week from the Choose Day(s) drop-down menu.
9. The Available From and Till fields allow you to specify the total timeframe that the volunteer has agreed to volunteer within.
10. The Available From Time and Available Till Time fields allow you to specify the time frame within the shift that the volunteer has agreed to volunteer within.
11. If needed, individual dates and times can be edited later, after the overall schedule for the volunteer has been configured.
12. When you have finished configuring the shift and position for the volunteer click on Save & Close.
13. If you need to save this schedule, and create an additional schedule click on Save & Add New
14. You this option if the volunteer has an additional shift, or position you need to schedule for.
15. You may also use this option if the volunteer has differing schedules for different days of the week, for the same shift and position.
16. This will create two, or more, entries for the volunteer in the volunteer list for the venue, one for each different schedule.
Editing Volunteer Schedules by specific Date and Time
1. To Preview and edit specific dates and time for a volunteer’s schedule, mouse over the View/Edit Schedule(spyglass) button for the schedule in question.
2. If the resulting popup is empty, then the overall schedule for this volunteer has not been completed, and will need to be entered in.
3. If the volunteers schedule has been entered, then the resulting popup will display all currently scheduled days and time.
4. To completely remove a specific day, click on the Delete(X) button for the day.
5. To edit the times for the listed dates, click on the Edit Dates button at the top of the list.
6. In the resulting dialogue you will be able to change both the start and end time for specific dates that the volunteer is scheduled for.
7. You will also be given an additional opportunity to select dates you wish to remove from the volunteer Schedule.
8. When done click Save and the changes will be applied.
Logging hours for individual Volunteers
1. You can log hours individually for a volunteer by clicking on the Add Hours(+) button for the volunteer in the Total Hours column.
2. This will bring up the Log Details screen where you can specify the number of Hours to be logged, a description of the work done, and the date range that the hours were performed within.
3. Alternatively, you may select to Add Hours for Dates, and will be able to enter the hours worked for specific dates from the volunteer’s schedule.
4. When you have finished entering hours for the volunteer, click on Save.
Logging hours for multiple volunteers at once
1. To log hours for multiple volunteers at once for a single time frame, click on the Quick Log Hours tab.
2. Here you will see a list of all volunteers, for all configured shifts and positions.
3. In the From Date and To Date fields, indicate the date range in which all hours were worked, and if desired enter a description.
4. Next, for each volunteer, and schedule, enter the number of hours worked in the Log Hours field for the schedule.
5. When complete, click the Save button to log the hours.
Reviewing and Editing logged hours
1. To review and edit hours that have been logged for volunteers, click on the Volunteer Details tab.
2. This will show a list of all volunteer schedules and a list of the hours entered for each volunteer’s schedule.
3. To edit an hours entry for a volunteer, click on the Edit(pencil) button for that entry and modify it as needed.
4. To remove an hours entry click on Delete(X) button for that entry.
5. To add a new entry for a schedule, click on the Add Hours(+) button under Total Hours and enter the hours.