1. This tutorial will cover how to create and post a volunteer opportunity within Fundly Connect.
2. Starting from your Dashboard, to add a new opportunity, click on Create/Manage Opportunity.
3. This will open the first page of the Create and Post Opportunity process.
4. Begin by entering a descriptive name for your opportunity in the Opportunity Name field.
5. In the case were you will not be the volunteer coordinator for this opportunity, Indicate this in the Volunteer Coordinator dropdown menu.
6. You can also designate additional staff members whom will be assisting with the opportunity with the Additional Staff Members Drop Down.
7. While the Volunteer Coordinator for the opportunity will always be an admin, a staff member for an opportunity can have any user role currently configured.
8. If the opportunity is linked to a particular program for your organization, indicate this by selecting a radio button for Organization Programs.
9. If you require approval of all volunteers applying for the opportunity, please check the Approval Required for Volunteer Application checkbox.
10. To proceed, click on Save & Proceed, and you will advance to Opportunity Details where you can use the provided editor to outline the details of the opportunity, as they will appear on the public site.
11. Once again, when complete, click on Save & Proceed to advance to position configuration.
12. Volunteer Positions are helpful in designating the different tasks available for volunteers within a given opportunity and help you as an organization to coordinate your volunteers.
13. By default the system will use a single generic position called Volunteer
14. If you have opted for a Premium account with Fundly Connect, you will able to customize the positions available to volunteer.
15. To configure custom volunteer positions, select the Custom Positions radio button, which will make additional fields available.
16. The only required field for a position is Position Name, which should be a descriptive name for the position that indicates what the position is responsible for.
17. If a position has an hourly value associated with it, you may indicate this in the Hourly Value field.
18. If you wish to enter further descriptive text for the position, you may enter this in the Description field.
19. To save the position, click on Save & Add New, and position will be listed under the Positions section, where it can be edited or deleted.
20. Continue this process for all additional positions you wish to add, and once all positions have been saved, click on Proceed.
21. On the Configure Locations screen you will be designating any locations at which the opportunity will be available.
22. By default the system will start with a single location set to the information available for your organization.
23. If you wish to configure multiple locations select the Multiple Locations radio button.
24. To configure a location’s information, start by setting the Location Title, which should describe the location, differentiating it from other locations.
25. Next fill in all address information fields available for the location.
26. If you wish to make a GoogleMap available for volunteers, on the opportunity’s public page, enter the Long URL for the Google map, in the GoogleMap URL field.
27. While GoogleMaps does make a short URL available, this shorter URL will not work with Fundly Connect.
28. Once you have finished entering all location information, click on Save & Continue for single locations, and Save & Add New for multiple locations.
29. When working with multiple locations, the locations you have saved will be shown under the Locations section on the right, where they can be edited and deleted.
30. When you have finished adding all locations for your opportunity, click on the Proceed button to continue.
31. To help coordinate and organize volunteers, F gives you the ability to create location schedules.
32. In the Schedules tab, to configure a schedule for a location, select the location from the Location dropdown menu.
33. Next select the Frequency for the schedule you are creating for this location.
34. Fundly Connect provides four frequency types: One Time, Weekly, Monthly and Ongoing.
35. For One Time frequency, the only question will be on which date the location will be available for shift configuration.
36. Weekly recurring frequency will have you specify the details of the weekly schedule as well as the date range in which this schedule will apply.
37. The Monthly recurring frequency will have you specify which days of the month the schedule will occur on, as well as the date range in which the schedule will apply.
38. Lastly, Ongoing indicates that the schedule will apply daily, for the date range that you specify.
39. For all frequencies except One Time, you can specify dates under Date Exceptions, on which the normal schedule will not apply.
40. Simply set the From and To dates and click the Add button to add additional exceptions, which once added, can be edited and deleted.
41. When you have finished setting up the schedule for the location, click on Save Schedule
42. If you wish to add multiple schedules to a location, with different frequencies and details, be sure to clear the top section by click on Cancel or Save & Schedule For Another Location, depending on if you need to save any changes, before setting the new schedule.
43. When you have finished configuring shifts click on Proceed and you will advance to the Shift Configuration screen.
44. From this screen you can create shifts based on the schedules you configured, and the positions available for the opportunity.
45. Looking at the schedules you have created, select the schedule you wish to create a shift for by clicking on the Add Shift(+) button associated with the particular schedule.
46. Next, return to the top and enter a Shift Name in the respective field that describes the shift being configured.
47. If the shift will have a fixed time in which it will be available, specify the Start and End Time in the fields in the available fields, otherwise, check the Time is Flexible box.
48. Lastly, specify which positions this shift will encompass, and if desired, how many volunteers you will need to fill each position.
49. When done configuring the shift, click on Save & Add New Shift, or if this is the last shift you are adding, click on Save & Proceed to advance to assigning search tags.
50. If you have no further shift information to save you may click on Proceed to advance to the next tab.
51. When assigning Search tags, the only required Tag is the Service Area tag; however, it is recommended that you select as many available tags as possible to help volunteers find opportunities that are appropriate for them.
52. In most cases the options available for any given field are based on the tags and options previously configured for your organization.
53. However, if you desire to add specialized keywords that may help volunteers find your opportunity, you may add them in the Keywords section.
54. Simply enter the keyword into the space provided and hit the enter key to add the keyword to those available.
55. Lastly, you may desire that groups or teams of volunteers be able to apply for the opportunity, if so please indicate this in the checkbox provided.
56. When you have finished assigning search tags and keywords, click on Save & Proceed to continue to the next tab.
57. In the Requirements tab, if you have opted for a Premium account with Fundly Connect, you will be able to specify additional options and required actions for volunteers.
58. If you wish your volunteers to be able to set their own schedule, based on the schedules you have configured, check the Volunteer can schedule for this opportunity checkbox.
59. The Volunteer Can log Hours for this opportunity checkbox, will allow volunteers to be able to log their own hours within the system.
60. Lastly, if an opportunity requires either an orientation or training event to be attended by prospective volunteers, you may indicate this, and in the drop down provided select the event that they must attend.
61. This event must have been previously configured in the system in order to be selected, and if multiple selections are made, the volunteers will be required to attend all selected events.
62. To continue on to finalize and publish the opportunity, click on Proceed.
63. From the Publish tab, set when you wish the opportunity to be published to the public site and when finished, simply click Publish.
64. Your opportunity has now been completely configured and published to the Fundly Connect public site.