Pledge & Grants: Payments Part I: Recording Pledge/Grant Payments
1. This tutorial will cover how to record payment for Pledges and Grants within Fundly CRM.
2. To record payment for a Pledge or Grant, start by navigating to the Contact Record for the contact under whom the pledge or grant has been previously recorded.
3. Within the contact’s record scroll down to the Pledge Detail or Grant Detail section, as appropriate, and click on the Edit(pencil) button for that section.
4. This will bring up the Pledge or Grant Details screen, where you will see a list of all previously added pledges or grants.
5. To record payment, find the entry for the pledge or grant you wish to add to and click on the Received Money(bag with arrow) button in the “Receive Money” column.
6. Since both Pledges and Grants automatically create payment schedules, the first step in entering payment for either will be to specify to which payment schedule date this payment is to apply.
7. Next, specify the date on which the payment was actually received by your organization and for how much payment was made.
8. If the tax deductible amount of the payment will be different than the amount received, you may adjust this value in the “Tax Deductible” field.
9. Lastly, as with all payments recorded within Fundly CRM, indicate the Mode of Payment, reference ID, date on which the payment was processed, and whether the payment shall be grouped with other pending deposits.
10. When all payment information has been entered, click the Save button to record the payment against the Pledge or Grant.
11. At this point the system will ask you whether you desire generate a donation acknowledge for the payment at this time, acknowledge later, or to permanently skip acknowledgement completely.
12. If you opt to generate a donation acknowledgement at this time you will be taken to template selection step of donation acknowledgement.
13. For more on generating donation acknowledgements, please see the tutorial on Sending Donation Acknowledgements.