Pledges & Grant: Payments Part II: Assigning Donations as Pledge/Grant Payments
1. This tutorial will cover how to assign previously entered donations as Pledge and Grant Payments within Fundly CRM.
2. In some cases, a previously entered donation will actually be a pledge or grant payment that was not entered directly via the pledge or grant.
3. In these cases you can assign said donation to count as a payment toward the desired pledge or grant.
4. Start by navigating to the Contact Record for the contact to which the donation, as well as the pledge or grant has been recorded.
5. Next, scroll down to the Pledge Details or Grant Details section, as appropriate, and click on the Edit(pencil) button for that section.
6. In the resulting screen, mouse over the entry to which you wish to assign payment, and click on the Edit(pencil) button.
7. In the “Schedule Details” section for the Pledge or Grant, find the installment you wish to have the donation counted toward and click on the Assign Gift button.
8. This will bring up the “Assign Donation” popup screen, from which you can select the donation you wish to use.
9. Once you have selected the donation you wish to use, click the Submit button.
10. Please note, when assigning a donation with a value different from the installment amount this will change the installment amount, and the pledge or grant will be upgraded or downgrades as appropriate for the new total value of the pledge or grant.