Communications: MailChimp Part I: Configuring MailChimp
- This tutorial will cover how to configure Fundly CRM to integrate with MailChimp, so that contacts and communication preferences may be shared between both services.
- MailChimp is an online email service allowing you to make and send newsletters and other communications to contacts.
- For more on MailChimp, its services and functionalities, and to create an account, please visit www.mailchimp.com.
- To begin the process of configuring Fundly CRM to integrate with MailChimp, mouse over the Other Stuff menu header and click on MailChimp.
- Here you will begin with a welcome screen providing instructions on how to obtain the API key from your MailChimp account.
- To create or locate your API key in MailChimp, log into your MailChimp account, click on your MailChimp User Name, then click Account Settings > Extras > API Keys.
- If you have not already done so, click on Create A Key to create a new API key to use with Fundly CRM.
- Returning to the Fundly CRM MailChimp screen, click on the Next button to reach the configuration screen.
- On this screen copy the API key you wish to use from your MailChimp account into the API Key field and click on Validate and Save.
- After a brief period the system will validate the API key and provide a Select List drop-down where you will specify which MailChimp List you wish to synchronize with Fundly CRM.
- If you do not yet have any lists in MailChimp, you will need to create one in order to continue.
- Once you have selected a list from the drop-down, click on the Save button, and the system will begin synchronizing you Fundly CRM contacts with MailChimp.
- Please note that this process can take up to 30 minutes to complete, depending on how many contacts you have, and you will be emailed when the process is complete.
- Once an email has been synchronized between Fundly CRM and MailChimp a MailChimp icon will display next to the email.
- From this point forward you will be able to export segments to use in MailChimp, and subscribe and unsubscribe preferences will be maintained automatically between the two systems.
- Additionally, as contacts in MailChimp subscribe for your newsletters they will be added to Fundly CRM.
- For more on creating and sending segments from Fundly CRM to MailChimp, please review the next tutorial on Exporting Segments to MailChimp.
- This concludes the tutorial on Configuring Fundly CRM to integrate with MailChimp.
Note – Only those contacts are synced that have Communication Preferences set as True for Email and Newsletter, are not deceased and the email is marked Use for Communications.
Note Also – If you delete an email in MailChimp it will be unsubscribed in Fundly CRM and vice-a-versa.