Communications: Donation Acknowledgement Part I: Configure Default Salutations
1. This tutorial will cover how to configure the default salutations used by Fundly CRM for Donation Acknowledgement.
2. Default salutations are used when you have not specified a preferred salutation for a contact within their record.
3. Fundly CRM provides three types of salutations that can be used within Donation Acknowledgement for contacts.
a. Informal Salutation: This salutation style is used when you desire a less formal salutation, or for those contacts that do not wish to be addressed formally.
b. Formal Salutation: For those situations when a greater degree of formality is desired or requested by a contact, this salutation style is available.
c. Household Salutation: While the Formal and Informal Salutation options are used for Individual contacts, when addressing a letter to a household, the Household Salutation is available. You can choose to have this salutation have a gender preference, so that whichever gender is chosen it will show that name first. However, please note that if any contact is missing a gender on their record, the salutation will not be generated for that household.
4. Organization contacts will also have the Formal and Informal Salutation styles available, but will not have the Household Salutation.
5. To configure the default salutations used by Fundly CRM, mouse over the Configuration menu header and click on Default Salutations.
6. This will bring up the Default Salutations page where you will see a drop-down available for each salutation style.
7. From the drop-down for the style you wish to configure, select the salutation format you wish to use.
8. For the Organization Settings, all references to First, Middle and Last Name are referring to the Primary Contact for the organization.
9. When you have finished setting the salutation styles, click on the Save button.