Communications: Email Verification and Bounced Emails
1. This tutorial will cover the email verification and bounced email functionality within Fundly CRM.
2. Whenever you send an email to a contact there is the possibility that the contact’s email is no longer deliverable, often due to that email account no longer existing.
3. When this happens it is importance to remove these “bounced emails” from the system so that emails do not continue to be sent to the bad address.
4. Email servers that receive multiple bad email over time from a single source, may decide that the sender is a spammer, and may even choose to outright reject all emails from that sender.
5. To help with handling these bad emails Fundly CRM will mark emails as one of three statuses.
6. Emails marked as Unverified are emails that the system has no yet been able to check, either because no correspondence has been sent, or because the email server has yet to send a response.
7. Verified emails are those emails that Fundly CRM has sent to, and that have been able to be delivered.
8. Lastly, a Bad Email address is one that could not be delivered for whatever reason to the intended recipient and resulted in a “bounce”.
9. When an email is marked as bad the system will no longer allow correspondence to be sent to the address, effectively removing the email from those available.
10. To check all emails that have been marked as bad you may mouse over the Communications menu header, and click on the Bounced Email List option.
11. This will bring up a list of all currently recorded bounced emails, logged in the system.
12. If you wish to override the demarcation of an email as invalid you may check the Mark Email Address as Verified checkbox to the left of the emails entry.
13. This will once again allow correspondence to be sent to that email address.
14. If the email later bounces again, it will be once again marked as invalid and added back into the bounced email list.
15. When an email continuously bounces, despite being marked as verified, the system will prohibit any further setting of the email address as valid.
16. If you wish to correct or update a listed email simply edit the field for that email to the new or corrected email address.
17. When you are done marking emails as valid or changing email addresses, click the Save button.
18. If you wish to completely remove an email address from the system, this can still be done by editing the contact’s record and clicking the Delete button next to the email address you wish to remove.
19. This concludes the tutorial on Email Verification and working with the Bounced Email List.