Communications: Donation Acknowledgements Part IV: Sending Donation Acknowledgements
1. This tutorial will cover how to send donation acknowledgment letters to donors within Fundly CRM.
2. Start by moussing over the Communications menu header and clicking on Donation Acknowledgement.
3. This will take you to the Acknowledgement History page where you will see all previously sent donation acknowledgement batches.
4. To send out a new batch of Donation Acknowledgements, click on the Send Acknowledgement(Page with right arrow) button.
5. This will open the “Select Donors” page, showing a list of donations yet to be acknowledged.
6. Here, you can sort based on Donation Type, Donor Name, Donor Type, Donation Name, or Program.
7. Use the “Soft Credit Setting” drop-down to specify whether or not you wish to combine soft credit donors into a single letter with the primary donor, or give each their own letter.
8. For situations when you will not be sending a donation acknowledgement for a donation within Fundly CRM at any time, you may select the donation and click the Skip(Double arrow) button in the top right.
9. The Skip button will permanently remove the selected donations from the list of donations to be acknowledged and cannot be reversed once confirmed.
10. Double check that you have not selected any donations you wish to acknowledge when you click the Skip button.
11. To acknowledge donations, check the box next to the name of the contact of the donation you wish to acknowledge in the batch.
12. If you do not select a name, it will remain in the system to be acknowledged in the future.
13. After you have selected all contacts you wish to acknowledge, click on the Next Step(right pointing arrow) button in the top right of the screen.
14. This will take you to the “Select Template” screen, where you can select from a previously configured template by moussing over the image for the template you desire and clicking the Select Template(checkmark) button that appears.
15. After clicking on the template you wish to use, the system will automatically take you to the next screen, where you may review the template you have selected.
16. On this screen you must specify a name for the batch, which will default to the name of the template.
17. You may also send yourself a test email of the template, print to HTML or download the template to a Word Doc or PDF file.
18. Lastly, you may also edit the template you are using from this page by clicking on the Edit(Pencil) icon above the template.
19. When you have finished previewing the template to be used for acknowledgement, click on the Next button.
20. On the “Generate Acknowledgment” page you will be able to make individual edits to donation acknowledgement letters and specify how the letter is to be sent.
21. To review, and edit, an individual letter that has been generated, mouse over the letter in question and click on the Edit(pencil) button that appears.
22. In the resulting popup editor screen you may review and manually edit the letter to be sent. Once done click the Save button.
23. By default, the system will check the appropriate “Send Email” and “Send Mail” checkbox in the respective columns.
24. If a contact does not have an email or mailing address available for use, these checkboxes will remain blank.
25. Even if a mailing address is not available the system will still allow you to check the “Send Mail” checkbox, and generate a letter without mailing information.
26. The “Send Email “check box will only allow you to proceed and send by email if there is an email for the contact.
27. If at this stage you decide that you do not wish to acknowledge a particular donation from those you had selected, you may remove them from the list.
28. Any letters removed here will be added back into the pool of donations to be acknowledged and may be selected when creating new batches.
29. To remove acknowledgements, mouse over the entry for the donation in question and click on the Remove from List(X) button that appears.
30. Once you have finished making any desired changes or removing any acknowledgements, click on Next to print and email the acknowledgements you have generated.
31. On the Send Acknowledgement page, you may choose to override the Sender Name, Email and Subject Line for the acknowledgement being emailed.
32. When you are ready to send any acknowledgements via email that exist, click on the Send Email button.
33. To send mailed acknowledgements, click on the Send By Mail button to switch to the mail view.
34. Fundly C provides several different ways to print donation acknowledgements.
a. Download PDF will generate a PDF document that will download to your computer and allow you to open and print from an appropriate PDF view. (Adobe Reader is recommended)
b. Download DOC will generate a Microsoft Word DOC file which you can download and edit before printing.
c. Print HTML will open a new tab in your web browser and allow you to print directly from your browser.
35. If you have chosen to Print HTML and this is your first time printing from Fundly CRM, it is common for browser pop-up blockers to interfere with the printing processes.
36. Simply find the notice generated by your browser that it has blocked a popup window, and configure the browser to Always Allow popups from Fundly CRM.
37. Lastly, if you desire to generate envelopes for the letters in the batch you may click on the Print Envelopes button and a PDF document containing the envelopes will be generated.
38. When you have finished printing this batch of acknowledgement letters and envelopes, click on the Done Printing button.
39. To exit the donation acknowledgement process and return to the list of acknowledgement batches, click the Exit button.
40. To revert an entire batch, and return all donations in that batch to the list of donations to be acknowledged, mouse over the batch you wish to redo and click the Redo(circles arrow) button that appears.
41. To review and resend letters from a previously sent batch, click on the Contact Log(Orange with green checkmark) button for the appropriate batch.
42. This will open the “Recipients Log” and display the details of the acknowledgement batch you selected.
43. To remove specific letters from a batch, select the checkbox for the letter and click on the Remove From List(list with X) button.
44. Any letters removed from a batch will be added back into the pool of donations to be acknowledged and may be selected when creating new batches.
45. To resend a letter via email or mail, select the letters you wish to resend and click on the Resend Email button or printing option desired.