Predefined Reports: Brief Explanations for the Donation Section
- Auction Items/Packages Sold: This report allows you to search for all In-Kind Auction items that were purchased in the date range specified, sorted by the person who purchased the item. If desired, you can filter by the Donation Name but you can leave this field blank.
- Auction Items Donated: This report is very similar to the Auction Items/Packages Sold, except that it is sorted by the person who donated the item rather than who purchased it. In addition, you can also filter by either All Items, or only those items that are still available (ie, not yet purchased).
- Consecutive Donation Report: This report is great for seeing donors who have given donations in consecutive years. You can, for example, say “Find me everyone who gave 5 years in a row between 2004 and 2014.” In addition, you can filter by the minimum total annual donation each year, as well as choose what donation types you would like to see – so, if you only want to see monetary then you would uncheck everything but the Gift type.
- Donation Appeal Mailer: This report is the simplest of them all, and looks at everyone who donated in the time range specified so that you can do a donor mailing. It does group households and soft credit donations.
- Donor Mailing Report: This is an excellent report as it gives you many options to choose from. First, you can filter by donation date at the top. Then, you can search by total Individual donation for the time frame specified, or total Household donation (one of the few places you can search by household donations) and allows you to set a minimum and/or a maximum amount. Next, you can filter out specific contact types – for example, you don’t want to see Board Member donations – and you can exclude all Deceased contacts. Finally, you can choose which Donation Types that you want to see results for.
- Donor Summary Report: This is another simple report, which searches by Donation Date, Donation Amount in date range, and Donation Type.
- Pledge/Grant: If you want to see all Pledges, all Grants, or both made in a specific date range, then this is the report for you. In the results of the report, you’ll see a column called “Secured Amount”, which will show you how much of that pledge has actually been received.
- Pledge/Grant Grouped by Program: Very similar to the Pledge/Grant report, except instead of being grouped by the donor name, it is grouped by the Program the pledge/grant was made toward. This report gives you one additional column, Pending Amount, which is the amount still remaining on the Pledge/Grant.