Reports: Custom Reports: Report Criteria Glossary: Address Info
1. The Address Info section of Custom Report Criteria contains criteria that look at the various fields for address information for a contact.
2. When using these criteria it is important to remember that if any of a contact’s addresses match the criteria, than that contact will be included in your report, even if another of their addresses does not.
3. A common use of these criteria is the use of Street Address, City, Zip Code, and State set to the operator Is Not Empty, to verify that sufficient address information is entered to generate a mailing label.
4. To help avoid data entry issues that will create more difficulty when using these criteria, it is advisable to configure Address Verification.
5. For more on address verification please see the User and Settings tutorial on Configuring Address Verification.
City: This criteria looks at the city field for an address. Due to misspellings and data entries error, without address verification, it may be advisable to use the Contains operator on this field.
Country: Looks at the country field for an address. This criterion is infrequently used, except in situations where international addressed are frequent. Since this criteria is populated via drop down, the Contains operator is not available.
County: References the County field for address, but is often omitted, when address verification is not used.
Phone: The Phone criteria looks at phone numbers entered to the contacts record. Phone numbers are not actually contained within Address records for a contact. Due to the non-standardized nature of phone numbers in NPE, and the geographical confusion of phone number assignment, this criterion is not advised for most reporting situations.
State: Looking at the State field, like County and Country, this field is populated by drop down, so date entry is rarely an issue.
Street Address: The Street Address field is the most commonly entered address field, and normally if present indicates that a sufficiently complete address has been entered for mailing. The Is Not Empty operator in use with this criterion will help filter out contacts without address information, for report intended for use as mailing lists.
Zip Code: This criterion looks at the zip code field for an address, and as such may refer to standard 5 digit Zip Codes or extended Zip+4 codes. To account for this, it is advisable to use the Contains operator with the base 5 digit zip code, which will also bring up any Zip+4 entries. The Is operator will not likely produce the desire results.