FAQ: Applying Cancelled Event Payments Toward Other Transactions
Scenario: A contact registers for an event, but then cannot attend. Instead of asking you for a refund, they ask that the money be applied toward a membership or donation.
- Go to the Event Details for the event in question and open the Registrant List
- Find the registration for the contact
- Cancel the registration using the top Cancel button
- In the resulting pop-up, select Yes to Credit Payment Amount
- Now, go to the Contact’s record – you will see a positive credit in the amount of the registration cost
- Click the + symbol in the Financial Details section and select the type of transaction. Enter info as normal, and save.
- The following screen will show the credit from the event registration applied to the new transaction; click to save. You will now see a payment history for this transaction.
- On going back to the contact record, you will now see the credit has been used up and is no longer showing as being available.