Financials: Settings: Configuring Accounts
1. This tutorial will cover how to configure Accounts within the Financial module of Fundly CRM for use with QuickBooks.
2. Accounts in QuickBooks are one of the major features for organizing and reporting transactions.
3. To help facilitate the exporting and syncing of transactions from Fundly CRM to QuickBooks, you can create Accounts in Fundly CRM to match those used in your QuickBooks.
4. To create a class within Fundly CRM, mouse over the Other Stuff menu header and click on Financials.
5. Next, click on the Settings Tab, and if not already selected, click on Account.
6. This will bring up the Accounts screen, which will show you all currently configure accounts within Fundly CRM.
7. Click on the Add Account(+) button in the upper right hand corner of the screen to open the Add/Edit Account screen.
8. From this screen specify the Account Name to be configured, so that it matches the corresponding account name in QuickBooks.
9. If you desire that a certain type of transactions be associated with this account by default, specify the source of the funds in the Default Source of Funds drop down.
10. This setting will be overridden by Program/Campaign account specifications, which will be in turn overridden by the accounts specified for particular Donation Names, Events, and Membership Types.
11. When complete click on Save & Add New to save and continue adding more accounts, or click on Save & Close to save and return to the accounts list.
12. To edit a currently configured Account, mouse over the entry for that account in the account list, and click on the Edit(pencil) button that appears.
13. To remove a currently configured account click on the Delete(X) button next to the Edit button.
14. This concludes the tutorials on creating Accounts within Fundly CRM for use with QuickBooks.