Events: Creating Events Part IV: Configure Waitlist
- This tutorial will cover how to configure event waitlists for an event within Fundly CRM.
- Event waitlists allow you to keep track of potential event attendees once an event has reached capacity, and to later invite these contacts to register should space become available.
- To configure the waitlist for an event, mouse over the Events menu header and click on Event List.
- Next, click on the name of the event you wish to configure the waitlist for; do not click the edit button.
- From the Event Details page, mouse over the Waitlist tab, and click on Waitlist Settings, to be taken to the waitlist configuration screen.
- If the event does not have a capacity set for any of its Registration/Ticket Types or for the event itself as a whole, the Waitlist tab will not be present.
- By default the Waitlist Enable option will be set to Disable.
- To activate the waitlist, and be given options to configure it, mark the Enable checkbox.
- Once you have enabled the wait list, you must specify under what conditions the waitlist will activate in the Waitlist Trigger section.
- If you have set capacities for individual ticket types, you will be able to indicate that the waitlist will trigger when one or more of these registration/ticket types has become full.
- Otherwise, you may indicate that the waitlist will activate when the event itself has reached its total capacity.
- Next, indicate the total capacity for the waitlist itself in the Waitlist Capacity field.
- If there will be a time limit on how long prospective attendees have to respond, once a space becomes available, indicate the number of date, hours and minutes they have.
- In the Auto Response Message field, you may customize the message that attendees will received when they are placed on the waitlist.
- When space becomes available in a waitlisted event, you will be able to send an email to prospective attendees, inviting them to register for the open space.
- In the From and Sender Name fields on the right you can set the email and displayed sender name respectively for the email that is sent to prospective registrants when a space is made available to them.
- The Release Message editor allows you to customize the text of the email that prospective registrants receive.
- When you are finished configuring the waitlist for an event, click on the Save button to save your changes.
Please note: In order for Waitlist to be available, an event must have a capacity set.