Configure Address Verification
1. This tutorial will cover how to configure address verification, using SmartyStreets®, within Fundly CRM.
2. Address verification allows you to be sure that the addresses you enter actual exist and that any mailings sent to these addresses will be deliverable.
3. The first step in configuring address verification within Fundly CRM will be to go to the Smarty Streets website and register for an account.
4. Start by going to www.smartystreets.com and clicking on the Sign Up link on the main page.
5. Fill out the Sign-up form provided with your email, desired password and other requested information.
6. After you hit submit you will be taken to the SmartyStreet® Dashboard.
7. From this screen click on the API Keys link to generate the required API Keys for NonProfitEasy.
8. Under the section that says Secret Key Pairs, click on the Add button to generate a Auth ID and Auth Token to be entered into Fundly CRM.
9. It may take a minute for these keys to generate and you may wish to click the refresh button on your browser.
10. Once the keys are available click the Toggle Raw/Encoded link for the Auth Token.
11. In a new tab or browser window log into NonProfitEasy and click on the Settings link at the top of the page.
12. From the System Settings page click on the tab for Smarty Streets Setting.
13. In this tab, enter the Auth ID and Auth Token from the SmartyStreets® website and click Save.
14. At this point address verification has been configured within NonProfitEasy.
15. When you enter an address for a contact, you will be given the option to Verify & Save the address.
16. After clicking Verify & Save you will be asked to confirm the address that has been checked and may be required to correct the address.
17. Once an address has been verified a green checkmark will appear next to the address, indicating this status.
Please Note that SmartyStreets® may have terms and conditions, separate and independent from those of Fundly CRM. Please see the SmartyStreet® website for details.
Also, note that at this time SmartStreets does have a special account option specifically for NonProfits, that can be found during first step of the normal sign up process.