Donations: Recording Gift and In-Kind Donations
1. This tutorial will cover how to record individual In-Kind and Gift Donations made by Contacts within Fundly CRM.
2. For batch gift donation entry, In-Kind Auction Donation, and In-Kind Auction Purchases please review the respective tutorials for those topics.
3. Before a donation can be recorded, a donation bucket must exist that the donation can be linked to.
4. For more on creating and managing donation names, please review the tutorial on Creating Donation Buckets.
5. To record an In-Kind or Gift donation made by a contact, start by navigating to the contact record for that individual or organization.
6. Next, scroll down to the contact’s Giving Details section and click the Add New Donation(+) button which will bring up the Add/Edit Donation popup screen.
7. It is worth mentioning that this can also be done by editing the contact, going to the donor tab and clicking Add More Donations.
8. Start by selecting the Donation Type from the drop down menu and this will change the screen, depending on your selection.
9. Next, select the Donation Name under which you will be recording the donation.
10. If the Donation Type selected was for a Gift Donation, a section for Contribution Details will now be present, based on the configuration of the donation bucket.
11. Select the contribution level you wish to use, and if necessary set the Amount field for that level, to the amount of the donation being recorded.
12. If the donor wishes to make the same donation repeatedly, over a fixed period of time, click the Recurring Donation checkbox.
13. This will expand the section to allow you to record the Frequency and duration of the recurring donation.
14. For In-Kind donations, instead of financial details, enter a Description of the item or services donated, and if desired a monetary value for the donation.
15. Next, if applicable record the Program, Campaigns, and Event that the donation may be associated with.
16. The Donation Date field allows you to specify the date on which the donation was received from the contact.
17. If you desire to make any notes concerning the donation for future references, you may use the Gift Memo field for this purpose.
18. In some situation, a donor may wish that their donation remain anonymous, to help facilitate this, you may check the Anonymous Donation checkbox.
19. Occasionally, a donor may make a donation in conjunction with another person, whom you may also wish to give credit to.
20. These individuals are known as Soft Credit Donors, and can be indicating using the Assign Soft Credit section.
21. To select a contact, they must have a recorded relationship with the donor within Fundly CRM, which can be added directly from the Add/Edit Donation screen as needed.
22. Similar to assigning soft credit is recording a Donation Tribute which allows you to record a donation as On Behalf Of, In Memory Of or In Honor Of another contact.
23. The donation tribute contact, need not exist within the system, nor be recorded with a relationship to the donor.
24. Lastly, the Solicited By field allows you to indicate the contact that solicited this donor to contribute to your organization.
25. At this point for In-Kind Donation you may click the Save button and the donation will be recorded to the contacts record.
26. For Gift Donations, you can either click Checkout & Process to record and process payment for the gift donation immediately, or click Add To Cart to process payment later.
27. Please see the tutorial on Split Transactions for more information on this process.
28. If you opt to Checkout & Process, the system will bring up the Payment Details popup for the Donation.
29. Start by selecting the Mode of Payment which includes Credit Card, Check, Cash, Wire Transfer and Other as options.
30. In all cases a field will exist for recording either a receipt or check number, or in the cases of Credit Card and Wire Transfers, a Transaction ID.
31. If you have opted to configure Fundly CRM with a Payment Gateway for processing Credit Cards, when you select Credit Card you will have the option for Process CC Now.
32. If you check this box, you will be prompted to enter credit card and billing information for the payment.
33. The Date of Payment field is used for recording the day on which the payment was actually processed and/or deposited.
34. Lastly, if you use Fundly CRM's financial module, you may choose to record this payment into that module by checking the Group with Other Pending Deposits checkbox.
35. When complete, click Process and the payment will be recorded and processed as necessary, and the donation will appear in the contact’s record.