Video to be recorded.
Batch Gift Entry Part II: Completing and Validating Batches
1. This tutorial will cover how to complete and validate Gift Entry batches created by, or assigned to you within Fundly CRM.
2. If you have been assigned a gift batch, you will receive a notification via email from the system informing you of this, and the name of the batch you have been assigned.
3. This email will not be sent if you have self-assigned the batch.
4. To begin entering data for donations in a gift batch, to which you are assigned, mouse over the Donation Management menu header and click on Batch Gift Entry.
5. This will bring you to the Batch Gift screen, where you will then click on the Pending Batch Gift Entry tab.
6. This tab will display all currently outstanding gift batch entries that have been assigned to you.
7. To begin entering donation information for a batch that has been assigned to you, click on the Enter Records(+) button for the entry you with to work on.
8. This will open a popup asking you for the total number of donations to be entered, and if desired, the amount those donations will total.
9. At this point you may now enter all pertinent and required donation information.
10. If you want to adjust the total number of donations you wish to enter, change the value in Total Items and click the Update button.
11. You may also change the Expected Gift Amount, in the respective field at the top.
12. Once you have finished entering data you have two options available.
13. Save As Draft will allow you to save all currently entered information, and resume entry later.
14. Validate & Send for Approval will save all changes made and allow the creator of the batch to review and finalize the entry.
15. If you created the entry, and self-assigned, than this will finalize the process for your entry and no further validation will be required.
16. However, if you assigned other users to the batch, you may still need to validate their entries.
17. If you are the creator of a batch, to Validate an entry made by another user, click on the Pending Batch Gift Approval tab.
18. This will show all entries for batches you created, sent by other users for validation.
19. To begin, click on the Review(checkmark) button on the far right, corresponding to the entry you wish to review.
20. This will bring up all information enter by the assigned user into the entry and allow you to decide how you wish to proceed.
21. Edit will allow you to modify the information entered, and then when complete validate and finalize the entry.
22. If you Reject an entry, it will be sent back to the assigned user, so that they may correct any errors.
23. When rejecting an entry, you will be able to comment on the reasons for the rejection, to assist in correction.
24. Lastly, Approve, will indicate that all donation data entered is correct and will be applied to the system.
Note: Due to considerations of internet speed it is recommended that batches don't normally exceed 20-25 donations at once. Depending on your internet connection and speed this may vary. If you have trouble saving a large number of donations, try a smaller amount.