Contacts: Importing Contacts
1. This tutorial will cover how to import contacts into Fundly CRM using a CSV formatted document.
2. CSV, short for Comma Separated Value, is a simple spreadsheet format commonly used by programs such as Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice.
3. Often, CSV files can be created by opening an existing spreadsheet file in an appropriate application, and resaving the file using Save As, and indicating the CVS (Common Separated Value) file type.
4. To import contacts into Fundly CRM, start by moussing over the Contacts menu header, and clicking on Individuals.
5. From the Individuals Contact List, to start the importing process, click on the Import(Downward arrow) button on the right.
6. In the resulting Import Contact(s) popup screen, select the Other Data Sources(*.CSV) option and click on Next.
7. On the next screen, you will be asked to select the file to import from your computer using the Browse field.
8. This screen will also contain general instructions and notes about converting a file to the CSV format.
9. Please note that the file you use should be orderly, and each piece of contact information as its own labeled column.
10. The only 3 columns required will be First Name, Last Name and Email, though no data need actually be present for all cells in the email column.
11. For addresses, be sure that all parts of the address have been placed into their own column.
12. Please make sure that the file does not contain more than 1000 contacts, as this is the max number of contacts that can be imported at once.
13. Lastly, make sure that your data does not contain duplicate email addresses, as when there are multiple contacts having the same email, only the first contact will be imported.
14. After you have verified the layout and integrity of the file, converted it, and chosen it for import, click the Next button.
15. The next screen will allow you to map the basic contact fields in Fundly CRM to the corresponding columns within the File.
16. At this time, it is not possible to import more complex contact information such as Donations, Membership or Volunteer Information.
17. If you need to import such information, please contact support about data migration options.
18. For the email address fields, you will be given the option to indicate whether the email address being imported will be used for communications with the contact.
19. It is important to remember that the system uses email address as a unique identifier, and as such if a contact record in your file contains an email already within the system, the contact will not be imported.
20. For the Organization Name column and field, you will be given the option to create the organization as an Organization Contact within NonProfitEasy.
21. If you choose to use this option, it is advised to run a search for duplicates for organization contacts once you have finished the Import.
22. If you do not choose to create the organizations as contacts within Fundly CRM, they will simply be listed within the contact’s record.
23. When you have finished mapping columns within your file to the appropriate fields within NonProfitEasy click the Import button.
24. It may take a few minutes to upload your file, depending on the file size and your connection speed.
25. When import is complete, you will receive a notice and may click the Close button to return to the Individual Contact List.
Please see attached .CSV file as a template for your import file.