Video to be recorded.
1. This tutorial will cover the basics of adding and editing memberships to Fundly CRM.
2. Memberships are a way for your organization to recognize and encourage participation, and increase revenue for your organization.
3. Some organizations have only a single type of membership, while others have different types of memberships with different types of benefits.
4. NonProfitEasy allows you to create separate memberships for separate benefit types, as well as different cost categories within a single membership type.
5. If the benefits granted by one membership differ from those of another, enter them in as separate Memberships.
6. If the benefits granted between two memberships are the same, but the cost differs based on some criteria, than create a single membership, with multiple price categories.
7. Fundly CRM also allows you to specify membership duration, group memberships and various other considerations, that may make it prudent to create different Membership types.
8. To add new or edit existing memberships within NonProfitEasy start by moussing over Membership Management in the menu header at the top and click on Manage Memberships.
9. The Configure/Manage Memberships screen will appear.
10. Clicking on the Add(plus) button will bring up the Create/Edit Membership screen where you will configure the details of your membership.
11. Start by selecting whether the membership is going to be an Individual membership or a group membership.
12. The next field to configure is the Membership Type field, which will be the name under which the membership will be known.
13. The Validity field is important as it will determine the duration of the membership; whether it is a life time membership or one that has a time limit denoted in months.
14. The Set Renewal Condition drop down allows you to specify when a membership goes into effect, when it comes up for renewal and various other considerations related to both.
15. The Program and Campaign fields allow you to link the membership to specific programs and campaigns which you have previously configured.
16. Benefits allows you to specify the type of basic benefits a member receives and will be displayed on your public website if you have elected to integrate NonProfitEasy with your website.
17. The Gift/Benefit Items section allows you to specify additional benefits a new member can elect to receive.
18. To add a benefit click on the Select Benefits(checkmark) button to bring up the Select Benefit Type(s) popup where you can check the items that the member may elect to receive.
19. Pricing Category(s) is important because it allows you to specify whether the membership has a single cost, of if the cost various depending on various consideration.
20. Membership cost is the only required field in this section.
21. For Multiple cost categories you select Multiple, and add each category individually.
22. In the Add/Edit Membership Pricing screen, the Category field allows you to specify the name of the pricing category and you should make it clear by which criteria this category applies.
23. If Is Recurring? is checked then the membership will be renewable and not just for a finite time period.
24. The For Individual and For Organization check boxes allow you to specify what type of contact this membership can apply to.
25. For group memberships you will be asked to specify the max number of other contacts with whom this membership can be shared.
26. Make Active sets the membership as active within the system.
27. Once you have completely configured the membership you may Save & Close to return to the Configure/Manage Memberships screen.
28. Clicking on Save & Add New will allow you to create additional memberships, while clicking on Cancel will disregard any changes you have made.
29. To edit a member that has been previously configured, mouse over the name of the membership you wish you alter.
30. From the two icons that appear click on the Edit(pencil) button to once again open the Create/Edit Membership screen.
31. Clicking on the Delete(X) button will remove the membership from the system, but only if that membership is not currently in use.