Video to be recorded.
1. This tutorial will cover how to configure the basic settings used by all memberships within Fundly CRM.
2. These basic settings are primarily used for generating membership identification numbers and how to handle changes in membership level when a membership has not yet come up for renewal.
3. To configure membership settings, start by moussing over the Membership Management menu header and clicking on Configure Membership Settings.
4. This will bring you to the Configure Membership Settings page.
5. The first decision you will have to make will be whether you will generate membership numbers manually, or if the system is to create these numbers for you.
6. If you select Generate Numbers Manually, you will be asked when recording memberships for contacts to enter a membership number.
7. Clicking the Generate Automated Numbers will open up additional fields, and based on the settings in these fields, the system will generate membership numbers.
8. The first and only required field that the system will use is at what number the system will begin counting at, allowing you to continue a pre-existing membership program.
9. The next two fields allow you to specify if there is to be a string of text before or after the number.
10. To the right of these three fields are checkboxes that allow you to dictate under what conditions new membership numbers will be generated.
11. The final section dictates the action the system will take when a membership is upgraded or downgraded, instead of renewed at the same type or level.
12. These two check boxes allow you to specify what happens with membership dues and the renewal date of the membership if the change happens before the preexisting membership has expired normally.
13. Once you have configured your membership settings click on the Save button to save your changes.
14. This concludes the tutorial on how to configure basic membership settings within Fundly CRM.
15. For more details on the process of creating memberships, please review the tutorial on configuring membership benefit types.