FAQ: Configuration: Custom Data Sets: Using Custom Data Sets to Record Income
If you need a way to log a new form of transaction, this can be achieved with Custom Data Sets.
Create the data set.
- Create a Contact Type under which the transaction will be saved. This contact type can only be used for recording these payments and will be added to the contact making the payment.
- Create a Custom Data Set of the Payment type with a name that will indicate that it will be used for the type of transaction (The Transactional type is used for other purposes and not payments.)
- Connect the Custom Data Set you have created to the Contact Type you created earlier.
- All basic payment fields will be created for you for the data set. You may add additional fields to help indicate the nature of the payments, and any extra information to be recorded. Do not remove any preconfigured fields.
To use the data set to record payments.
- Go to a contact who has made a payment and click on Edit.
- Check the box under Contact Types for the contact type you created to store the payment.
- Click on the tab that now appears for that contact type.
- On this tab you will see fields for entering payment information, much like in other areas of Fundly CRM.
- Fill out the payment information and click Save.
You will now see the payment recorded in the contact’s record and in the tab for that contact type. You may record multiple payments over time following the steps directly outlined above. If you check Group with Pending Deposits, these payments will be listed in the Financials module.