Configuration: Configure Discount Codes
1. This tutorial will cover how to configure Discount Codes to be used with Transactions within Fundly CRM.
2. Discounts codes allow you to provide coupons and other promotions to your organization’s contacts that will allow them to receive a discount on various transactions.
3. These transactions include Events, Tours and Memberships.
4. To work with Discount Codes start by moussing over Configuration and click on Configure Discounts.
5. This will bring you to the Configure Discounts screen where you can see all currently configured discounts.
6. To add a new discount code, click on the Add(plus) button in the upper right of the screen.
7. This will open the Add/Edit Discount popup screen.
8. Start by setting the name of the discount, in the Discount Name field that will help you organize and identify the discount.
9. Next, enter the discount code that contacts and staff will use to apply the discount for transactions.
10. The discount code should be something that is not easily guessed, but that an individual would be able to remember and enter easily.
11. This consideration will be especially important for your online contacts, if you have opted for website integration with Fundly CRM.
12. If you wish to enter a description for the discount and how it is to be used, you may enter this information into the Description field.
13. The Discount field allows you to specify the amount of the discount as well as if the discount will be a flat amount of the transaction, or if it will be a percentage.
14. The Usage Limit is to be used to specify the total number of uses for a given discount code.
15. For unlimited uses leave the radio button set to Unlimited, otherwise set the radio button to Limited and enter the limit quantity.
16. To set the limit to how often a given contact can use a discount code, indicate the quantity in the Usage Limit/Person field.
17. Next set the date on which the discount will go into effect and the date on which it will expire.
18. Lastly, on the right, indicate which transactions the discount code will be applied to by checking the relevant options.
19. For Tours and Events, indicate in the drop down menu which events and tours to which the discount is to apply.
20. For Memberships indicate which memberships and/or membership renewals the to which the discount will apply.
21. When complete click on Save & Add New to add another discount code, or click on Save & Close to return to the Configure Discounts screen.
22. To edit a discount you have configured, mouse over the discount you wish to edit, and click on the Edit(pencil) icon that appears on the left.
23. To delete a discount that you have not yet used, mouse over the discount and click on the Delete(x) button that appears on the left.