Video to be recorded.
Configuration: Custom Data Sets Part I: Add/Edit Custom Data Sets
1. This tutorial will cover the basics of adding and editing Custom Data Sets in Fundly CRM.
2. Custom Data Sets are a powerful feature that allows you a remarkable level of customization, to suit the data recording needs of your organization.
3. With custom data sets you can associate whatever data you desire to any contact type your organization uses.
4. To add a custom data set, mouse over the Configuration menu header and select Custom Data Sets.
5. This will bring up the Manage Custom Data Sets screen from which you can create and edit Custom Data Sets.
6. On this screen you will see a list of all current Custom Data Sets on the left hand side in a table.
7. In order to create a Custom Data set you may either click on the Add(Plus sign) icon on the upper right or you may click on the ADD DATA SET image under Configure Custom Data Set below the list of currently configured data sets.
8. This will bring up the Add/Edit Custom Data Set screen.
9. In the Name field, enter the name of the data set, which should be as descriptive as possible.
10. Type allows you to specify the nature of the custom data set.
11. General is for general information you wish to collect for the contact type.
12. Payment Detail allows you to record payment information such as tuition for classes or services rendered by your organization for a fee.
13. The Transactional Data Set type allows you to track custom data over time.
14. The Description field is where you may enter a description of the data set and its purpose.
15. Available To is where you will specify whether the Custom Data Set will be available for Individual or Organizational contact types.
16. Once you have configured the basic information about the Data Set you can click Save & Add New or Save & Close.
17. If you decide that you do not wish to add the data set you may click Cancel or Close.
18. To configure the custom data set you have created, click on the name of the data set in the table on the left.
19. This will display the contacts types the data set is associated with and the fields that the data set uses.
20. When you associate a Contact Type with a data set, the fields for this data set will appear in the tab for the contact type in the Add/Edit Contact type screen.
21. If no Contact type is associated than the fields will appear on the Personal Info tab for the contact.
22. The Fields section is where you will add and configure the data set’s associated fields.
23. To edit the basic information for a data set move your mouse over the data set you wish to edit.
24. This will bring up the Edit(pencil) and Delete(X) symbols to the left of the data set’s name.
25. To edit the data set click on the Edit button this will bring up the Add/Edit Custom Data Set screen.
26. To delete a data set click on the Delete icon, this will prompt you to confirm your choice. If the data set has been used for any contacts the system will notify you that records for this data type exist and that they will be deleted along with the Data Set.
28. Please view the next tutorial on configuring custom fields for Custom Data Sets for details on the types of fields available and how they are configured.