Video to be recorded.
1. This tutorial will cover the basics of adding and editing shifts as part of the process of configuring volunteer activities within Fundly CRM.
2. Within the Manage Volunteer Activity screen for the activity you wish to configure click on the Manage Schedule tab.
3. From this tab we can configure volunteer shifts which we can later use to schedule and assign volunteers.
4. The first step will be to select the Venue to be configured from the Venue drop-down field.
5. All changes made to the venue will be represented on the left side of the screen and will affect all shifts that use this venue.
6. This venue information represent the time that the venue itself is available for scheduling.
7. Next we must specify the Frequency of the shifts scheduled to this venue, which can range anywhere from One Time, Recurring Weekly, or Recurring Monthly.
8. If the venue’s shifts will occur only once click on the One Time radio button and select the date on which the shift is to occur.
9. If the shifts recur weekly, designate this by clicking the Recurring Weekly radio button, which will present you with significantly more options.
10. Using the table provided indicate which days of the week the shift will apply to in relation to its frequency.
11. The first row designates that the shift will apply to the marked days of the week, every week.
12. The rows marked 1st through 5th designate which marked days will have shifts in relation to that days order in the month.
13. For example: The 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month may have a shift scheduled.
14. Alternate indicates that the marked days will have shifts in an alternating rotation, i.e. every other Monday.
15. If a shift happens on a monthly basis, mark the Recurring Monthly radio button and from the drop down select which days of the month the shift is to be scheduled.
16. Once you have selected the frequency of the shift, you must specify one what date the shift will begin and on what days the shifts will stop.
17. For your assistant you may specify the Start From date and then simply select how many years it will go on for, allowing the system to filling the Ends On date for you.
18. If there will be specific days on which the normal schedule will not apply you may specify this exception in the Date Exceptions field.
19. In the Shift Name field, give a name to your shift that will allow it to be easily identified.
20. Next in the drop down field Set Days, confirm which days this shift applies to, based on the days you specified previously
21. The last required information is the time frame the shift will occupy, which you designate in the Start Time and End Time fields.
22. In the Positions section you can specify which positions this shift uses and the number of volunteers needed to completely fill those positions.
23. Once you have completed the shift click Save & Schedule For Another Venue to configuring scheduling information for a new venue.
24. If you wish to configure additional shifts, for your currently configured venue simply click Save & Add New Shift.
25. To edit a configured shift, mouse over the entry for the shift you wish to edit and click the Edit(pencil) button to the left of the entry.
26. This will return the shift information to the top of the screen where you can edit it in the same manner as you did when you first configured the shift.
27. To delete a shift mouse over the shift’s entry and click on the Delete(X)button to the left of the entry.