Advanced searches will provide you with a listing of all Contacts pertaining to your search criteria. Here's how to do it...
- Hover on Contacts in the Navigation Bar and select either Individual or Organization. The Contact Management screen will appear.
- Click on Advanced Search (filter) icon on the right side of the screen, 5th icon from the top.
- The Advanced Contact Search screen will appear.
- Type in a name for the search you would like to create in the SEARCH NAME field.
- Select the criteria you want to use to create your search using the fields located under the heading that says Match [All] of the following Rules (similar to using the Reports Module). As you can see, this field has a drop-down menu from which you may select either the word Any or All (All is the default).
- In the first (longer) drop-down menu under the Match [all] of the Following Rules field, select a data field for which you’d like to search.
- In the next drop-down menu field, select from one of the given options. A new (third) drop-down menu field will now appear to the right.
- If you have chosen Is Empty the new (third) drop-down will not appear.
- Make a selection from this new drop-down menu. You have now established a rule or filter for the search.
- You may add additional rules/filters to this rule/filter group by clicking on the (+) icon at the right of the panel. Or, you may add a new rule/filter group entirely, by clicking on the (…) icon. (If you wish to delete any rule, simply click on the (X) icon.)
- After you have chosen all of your search criteria, click SAVE & SEARCH at the bottom of the screen. The Contact Management screen will now appear with a list of Contact Name, Organization, Contact Address, City, State, Zip, Email Address, Phone, Contact Type, Status, along with the Edit, and Delete (appears on the left side of the Contact name) options for these contacts pertaining to your search.
- If the search includes a long list of Contacts and you’d like to see more records per page, you can select a higher number from the Records/Page drop-down menu at the bottom of the screen.
- You can export or print this search by clicking the Export/Print (printer) icon on the right side of the screen, 4th icon from the top.
NOTE: SAVE & SEARCH will save the search for you, and allow you refer to it in the future, whereas, SEARCH will show you the results but will not save the search for you.