Default Salutations is mainly used when Newsletters are being sent to organization. Because organizations are not addressed by First and Last names, they will be addressed by the Default Salutation. For example: If you are sending a newsletter to Dear First Name Last Name, for individual contacts this letter would say: Dear John Smith, but for organizations (who do not have first and last names) it would say Dear Supporter (if Supporter was the default salutation.)
Articles in this section
- When I export a report as a .csv file, why is the formatting sometimes strange?
- Save Your Searches to Save Time
- Will inactive Contacts appears in reports and searches?
- How do I run, save and export a report with Contacts?
- Where do I find program description?
- When adding a contact, I receive an error message that says the email I entered is already being used in the system..What do I do?
- In Newsletters, what is the Default Salutation?
- When printing out Donation Acknowledgement envelopes how do I change the return address?
- What is the difference between Advanced Search and Reports?
- What is the Bcc field and why is it only in the Take Action-Send Email screen?