Membership: Configuration: Benefits (Optional)
- This tutorial will cover how to configure Benefits for use with Membership Levels.
- Benefits are items, services, and discounts that members may receive as a result of their membership, and may be one time or ongoing in nature.
- To configure benefits for memberships start by clicking on the Main Menu (3 bars) in the upper right corner, and selecting Configuration.
- From the Membership section, click on Benefits to see a list of all currently configured membership benefits.
- To create a new benefit type click on the Add Benefit button in the lower right corner of the screen.
- In the resulting screen, start by indicating the name of the benefit and a description of what the benefit will provide in the Benefit and Description fields respectively.
- In the Far Market Value field, enter the value of the benefit, which will also reduce the tax deductible value of any membership the benefit is applied to.
- If available, use the Image field to provide an image of the benefit for online line membership sign up.
- With the Benefit Type field, indicate the type of benefit you are creating.
- General benefits are for more intangible benefits such as access to facilities, recognition in a newsletter, or ad space.
- Fixed Quantity benefits are for tangible items such as mugs, shirts or any other item that would need to be sent to the member.
- Event Ticket allows you to provide event ticket discounts to the members that can be applied either to All Events, or selected events.
- For all benefit types the system provides two custom fields that allow you to gain additional information about the benefit offered, such as t-shirt size or mug colour.
- For each field you wish to use indicate the name of the option in the Field Label field.
- For each option you wish to have available, enter the options name in the Field Option text field and click the (+) button to the right.
- If you wish for a field to be required set the Mandatory slider to Yes.
- When you have finished configuring the benefit type click on Save to return to the configured benefit list, or click on Save and Add New to create a new benefit.
Article is closed for comments.