Blacklisting/Blocking of Emails From Free Accounts
- Recently, many bulk email gateways, such as Send Grid (which we utilize to send your bulk emails), have updated their email protocols to be more strict about ensuring that emails come from the address they claim to be from (to avoid "phishing" scams). These policies prevent spam and email scams, but it means that mail sent through a bulk email service provider like Fundly Enterprise or Mailchimp and other similar services with a "from"/sender email address from a free domains/email provider such as yahoo, hotmail, aol, ymail, rocketmail, .mac, gmail, or .ru will be rejected by most receiving servers.
- In order to avoid having your bulk emails rejected, you must change your "from"/sender address to one that is not with a free email company. For example, if you usually use something like "[email protected]" as your sender email address for your newsletter, you will need to use another email address that is not through a free provider. For businesses, this means using your organizational website/domain related email (such as "[email protected]").
- In order to help users avoid being blocked, we will automatically replace any "sender"/"from" email address that utilizes a free provider (such as yahoo) with the address "[email protected]"
- The two places where you will see this change occur are on event Email Notifications and event Promote Event emails.
- Your "reply to" address will remain the same (even if it utilizes a free email account/provider). This means that individuals will be able to respond directly to you as usual.