How to Add/Update Donor Search Wealth Information to Contact Records
- Populating data to contact records is a manual process; it is not automatic and must be triggered by a user. When you trigger a scan of your contact records in the donor search database, you can opt whether to scan for all contacts in your database, just contacts added since your last scan, or use a saved search to pull in targeted contacts.
- You may wish to periodically rescan wealth information for contacts who have had this information populated to the CRM record; we recommend at most rescanning at six month intervals. More frequent scanning is not generally necessary as wealth information will not change all that quickly.
- To initiate a scan of the Donor Search database (either to populate wealth information for contacts added since the last scan or to update the scan for existing contacts), from the Main Menu, select EITHER Fundraising and then click Donor Search Wealth Profiles OR Add-Ons and More and then click the Integrations tab and select Donor Search OR from a contact record that has a Wealth Profile, you can click the “Change Plan” button.
- This will take you to the Donor Search home integration home page.
- Click on Scan & Populate under your current subscription level (you can opt to upgrade or downgrade your subscription first).
- A pop up box will appear, showing the total number of eligible contacts (contacts that have a full mailing address inside the United States) that can be matched to Donor Search and the total number of new contacts added since the last Donor Search scan.
- You can opt to scan all contacts or just new contacts or contacts selected via a saved search.
- If you use a saved search to select contacts, you will still have the option to search just for those who are new since the last scan or all contacts (in the saved search results). To use a saved search, simply start typing the name of the saved search in the saved search box, select the matching search off the list, and click Go to update the list of contacts to be searched.
- The pop up box will also give you the total cost to conduct your chosen scan (based on your Donor Search subscription plan per record price x the number of eligible records). This cost will be charged to the credit card on file as soon as the search is run.
- Read the TOS agreement and enter your full name in the text box. Then click Proceed.
- The system will send an email with the details of the requested scan (the information in the pop up box you just completed) for your records to both the user requesting the scan and the CRM admin.
- The scan will be conducted in the background and you may continue working in the CRM.
- The system will send an email to both the requesting user and the system admin when the donor search scan has been completed and the records populated.
- Once you receive the email that the search has been completed, you can view the Donor Search information that has been added to contact records by viewing the contact records. The Donor Search information populates the Wealth Information section of View Individual Contact, which appears below the Financial Details.
- You can search for contacts that have Donor Search information populated using Advanced Search or reports (use the Wealth Information category in Advanced Search and in Reports). Suggested criteria for finding contacts with Donor Search Information is "DS Rating is not empty."