Troubleshooting Quick Books Sync Issues
If you notice that one or more transactions have not synced between your CRM and your QuickBooks accounts, here are steps you can take to diagnose the issue:
- A transaction MUST have a Chart of Accounts (“Account”) assigned to it. Verify that the transaction has an account assigned to it by viewing it in the Financials module.
- The Chart of Account name(s) AND CODE(S) in Fundly CRM must EXACTLY match the Chart of Account name(s) in QuickBooks, including ALL punctuation and spacing. Verify that the Chart of Account names are EXACTLY the same. For example: “General Funds” (crm) and “General Fund” (QuickBooks) are NOT exactly the same (no “S” on the end of Fund in the QB version. “Donations – One Time” and “Donations: One Time” NOT the same (one has a dash, one has a colon). “General Fund” and “GeneralFund” NOT the same (no space between the words in the latter). Also, if the two account names match but the codes differ, then the transaction will not sync.
- If your Quick Books subscription does NOT include account classes, then your transactions must NOT have an account class assigned to them in your CRM account. Delete any account classes from your transactions.
- If you have the Quick Books subscription level that DOES include Account Classes (Premium subscription), then your transaction(s) in Fundly CRM MUST also be assigned an Account Class. Verify that the transaction(s) has an account class assigned to it by viewing it in the Financials module.
- As with the Chart of Accounts, Account Class name(s) and code(s) must both be EXACTLY the same in both systems. Verify that the account class names are exactly the same.
- If you have verified all of the above information is correct/meets the requirements for syncing between the two systems, then contact support by email at [email protected]. The support and technical teams will need a username and password to log in to your QuickBooks account. You can create a temporary one or provide your log in credentials. We cannot investigate further without this information.
- QuickBooks uses two-factor authentication – after Fundly support staff attempt to log in, a verification code will be emailed to you. You MUST forward that code to Fundly CRM support immediately – the code is only good for a short window of time before it expires. If it expires before we receive it, we will have to repeat the two-factor authentication process again (e.g. request a new authentication code from QuickBooks).