FAQ: How Do I Record in CRM That I Sent An Email From My Email Account to a Contact?
- You can record a task or interaction to do this (see this tutorial on recording tasks and interactions), but there is an even simpler step: simply use your CRM “BCC Address” in the BCC line of your email and CRM will automatically record that the communication was sent to the contact. Note: This will only works for existing contacts in CRM.
- To find your BCC Address, click on the Username Drop down in the upper right hand corner and select Account.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Organization Info page to the Cc/Bcc Email for CRM field (please note: the email address here pictured is for our demo system. Each Fundly CRM client has their own Cc/Bcc Email for CRM address. Make sure you are using your organization’s personal address and NOT our demo account address).
- Copy and paste the Cc/Bcc Email for CRM address into the BCC field of your email.
- After sending the email, view the contact record of the contact(s) that the email was sent to. In the Timeline on the right hand side , you will see an entry for email/acknowledgments/engagement history of the contact record.
- Click on the Email Entry to see the details of the email.