We're here to support you, but who's there to support your online users? This article will help you provide basic to support to your online users. Your constituent will be able to use their online user accounts to make donations, attend events, renew memberships, and update contact information that is all synced to CRM.
If you are interested in further information on user logins, click here to view our article specifically about online user logins.
There are a number of reasons that users may not be able to log into their public profile. This section will provide common reasons that a user may have trouble logging into their public user profile.
- Forgot Password
- Forgetting a password only makes us human, to see how to reset your password, refer to the section "How to reset your password?".
- Forgot Username
- With so many usernames and passwords to manage, sometimes we forget. Luckily figuring out your username is just a couple clicks away.
- Logged in with Social Media but then trying to log in with username and password
- If when logging in for the first time, a user uses the Social Login feature, a username and password will not be created for them. If the next time they return to the site and they try to log in using a username and password, they will be unsuccessful because they had previously logged in using Facebook or Google+ information.
- A user must complete the signup form in order to access the public profile portal with a username and password.
- Recently upgraded website and trying to use old login credentials
- If you have recently updated your site to be integrated with CRM, your previous database or CRM login details will be no longer relevant. It is important to communicate this to your constituency so they will be aware that any of their previous login details will no longer work. Provide your constituents with simple instructions on how to create a new login and password to keep them engaged with your organization.
Resetting your password is simple. Here's how to reset your password:
- Go to the organization's website login page (Example: orgnamehere.org/account).
- Select the Forgot Password link.
- Enter your username in the text box. (Forgot your username? See "What's my username" below.
- Click Submit.
- You will receive your new password to the email you used to create your account.
- If you have not received your new password within the next few minutes, check your spam folder.
- After checking your spam folder, if you still have not received your new password, contact the organization for further assistance.
Resetting your username is simple. Here's how to verify your username:
- Go to the organization website login page (Example: orgnamehere.org/account).
- Select the Forgot Username link.
- Enter your Email Address that you used to create your account in the text box.
- Click Submit.
- You will receive your Username to the email you used to create your account.
- If you have not received your Username within the next few minutes, check your spam folder.
- After checking your spam folder, if you still have not received your Username, contact the organization for further assistance.
Not sure if a certain contact has actually created a CRM public profile through your site? CRM has a report that you can run that will provide you with a list of the constituents that have created a user login on your site.
To run the report:
- Select the Main Menu
- Select Default Reports
- On the left-hand menu for reports, Select Configuration Reports
- Select Execute on the report called Public User List
This report will provide usernames as well as well as information on how they first logged into your site. If someone is reporting trouble logging into your site, please start with the section "Why am I not able to log in?".
Fundly keeps a log of user activity through the public profile online. This is a good place to start with helping your users with any trouble they may be having. Search for a contact by name or search a date range to see where an error may have occurred.
If you would like to see a log of the user activity follow these steps:
- Select the Main Menu
- Select Configurations
- Scroll down to and Select Log
Available Activity for tracking:
- Completed Checkouts
- Completed Public Profiles Creations
- Failed Checkouts
- Failed Logins
- Failed Public Profile Creation