FAQ: How Do I Change the Communication Preferences for Multiple Contacts at Once?
- To change the communication preferences of multiple contacts, you can perform an advanced search to find all the records you wish to change and then use the Take Action menu at the bottom of the search results screen to update those records.
- To begin, click the select Search Bar on the upper left side of your screen and then click on Advanced Search.
- Enter your search criteria (e.g. all contacts with email addresses who are not deceased and who have their email communication preference set to “no” or “not set”) and click Search.
- To change the communication preferences just for specific search result records, check the box to the left of the contact’s name and then click the Apply to Selected Contact(s) Take Action drop down in the lower right of the screen. Otherwise, to change the communication preferences of all the results of your advanced search, click the All Search Results Take Action drop down in the lower right of the screen.
- From the appropriate Take Action menu selected in the previous step, select Communication Preferences.
- Set the communication preference for phone call, send mail, and send email, and then click Continue to update the records. The communication preferences for those contacts have now been updated.